Friday, February 19, 2010

Complications in Prgoression

Hmmm this is an interesting blog assignment. I love life and think it is one big, grand adventure. But, it is much easier to see the speck in someone else’s eye, vs. looking at the plank in your own.
This is hard for me, because I must define “progression”. To me, progression is moving toward forward in life, in a positive way. Sometimes I feel frustrated and relate to the song “Graduate” by Blind Melon. The song is about wanting to graduate and get yourself off the street. I am not on the street, but I feel that way many times. I feel like I have been going to college for-ev-er. But in reality, a few years of school will give you a life time of comfort. At least, that is what I hear.
Sometimes I feel flustered because there is so much I want to do in life. One of my favorite COS Instructors, Richard Flores, sometimes says “don’t let school get in the way of your education”. That makes sense to me because sometimes I just want to stop going to school. But I know that college still holds many opportunities for me and I love learning.
The main thing that I really want is to get married and have a family. I know that will come in time, but for now it is hard sometimes to see other happily married folks, while I remain single. But I do not become bitter, and I love seeing other people so happy because it, in turn, makes me very happy.
But on the bottom line, I do not really see complications that prevent me from progressing in my life. I have shared some of my frustrations and happiness, but I am a very optimistic person and do not see much holding me back at this point. I have so much to do in life, and so little time. I am excited at every turn and can’t wait to see what comes next in this Grand, shared adventure.

~Laurel May~

No comments:

Post a Comment